Sunday, January 8, 2017

Taste Cosmetics Custom Kit

If you haven't noticed already by this blog or my instagram, I am completely obsessed with Tarte Cosmetics. I haven't purchased a product that I have been disappointed in. Tarte is a brand that is eco-friendly, cruelty free, and they only use natural products. All of their products are made without parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate (one thing that really exacerbates my perioral dermatitis), oils, gluten, synthetic fragrances and more. Can it get any better than that?

About two months ago, I received an email from Tarte about a special they were doing. You could built you own full sized seven piece custom kit for $59. Is that not crazy? I immediately placed my order. Well, that night I received another email saying my order was being cancelled because there was an error in the processing. In that email they said I can reorder it and they included a coupon for $10 off. Talk about an awesome company, right? You betcha I placed my order again within five minutes. Check out what I purchased below!


  1. Purple metallic makeup bag- This makeup bag is the perfect size. It fits all the items in the picture and has room for more. Purple happens to be my favorite color so it was the perfect choice. 
  2. Bronze & Glow Contour Brush- I own a few Tarte brushes and I am so glad to add this one in my collection. The bristles are incredibly soft. I've used the smaller brush end to highlight my cheekbones with a highlighter and I have also used it to carve out a contour in the hollows of my cheeks. I've used the bigger brush to blend out bronzer and both ends do a perfect job. The smaller brush below the double need brush was a free gift included with my purchase. It's a flat shader brush and it's perfect for packing on color on your eyelid. 
  3. Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation - This foundation is my holy grail product. It is my go to, the foundation I always reach for, the one foundation I can always count on, and the one product I probably could not live without. I have been using this powder for a few years now and I keep repurchasing it. I use the shade Fair Light Neutral. This product is full coverage, build able and weightless. I use this when I'm doing a full face look for going out on a hot date and I also even use it when I go to work. I dust a light layer over my face just to cover my discoloration and redness and it really does last a 12 hour shift. It doesn't aggravate my perioral dermatitis AT ALL.  
  4. Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush-I chose the color Exposed. Its described as a "nude pink". Its the perfect every day color. And they aren't lying when they claim in lasts 12 hours because, it really does. Perfect for my 12 hour shifts at the hospital. 
  5. Amazonian Butter Lipstick-Another product that lasts all day! I recently wore this for the first time two days ago and I was so impressed. It's creamy and moisturizing with a pretty shine. I chose the color "Plummy Rose" and I can't wait to purchase it in other colors. 
  6. Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara - This is one product that I received in my kit that I haven't tried yet because I currently have a few mascaras already opened and in use. I have used Tartes Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara before and I am a huge fan of that. I am sure I will love this one! 
  7. Lights, Camera, Lashes Precision Longer Liquid Eyeliner- Woah, talk about a mouth full. This is my second time purchasing this eyeliner. The tip of the applicator is small and easy to work with. The liner is a super dark black and it doesn't smudge and lasts all day. 

    I am so happy with all items in my custom kit. Talk about a deal right? All these products for $50! That is practically unheard of. I am so glad to have discovered this brand. Suffering with sensitive skin and perioral dermatitis is a struggle and never ending battle and it can really effect your self confidence. It can be so frustrating trying different products to see what works for your skin and what doesn't cause a breakout. There was a time where I thought I would never find makeup products that didn't aggravate my difficult skin. I never thought I would find a brand that made products that made me feel beautiful again. I am so glad I did! Thank you Tarte Cosmetics for providing just that! 

    If you haven't tried Tarte products yet and you're struggling with sensitive skin, or Perioral Dermatitis, or even if you have perfect skin, please try them. I promise they won't disappoint. 

    Question:
    What are your favorite makeup brands? Products? Share in the comments! 

    XO
    Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment