Saturday, January 7, 2017

Friday Favorites III

Happy 2017! It is so crazy to me that another year has flown by. It's true what they say... time flies when you're having fun! 2016 was a year full of fun, hard work, love, adventures and lessons learned. If I learned one thing in the last year it's that, everything gets better with time. Heres to another healthy, and happy new year!

Another Friday Favorites post! This list could be never ending because I have so many favorite things  from Christmas, and the holiday season. I'm currently writing this post wrapped up in my super soft UGG robe under a heated blanket with a cup of warm coffee watching the snow fall outside the window. It's a blizzard! Twelve to sixteen inches coming our way on Cape Cod... send help!


  • Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Cupcake Coffee

Speaking of coffee, this is the coffee I am sipping on right now! It is so delicious and seriously taste just like a vanilla cupcake. I have never seen this flavor at an actual DD, I've only seen it at the grocery store. I am known to stock up when they go on sale. (Oh man, I sounded just like my mom there!) I bring this flavor to work and its definitely a favorite with my coworkers too! And trust me, it is the perfect 0300 pick me up when its paired with a delicious gooey sugar cookie.  


  • Aquaphor 

I'm pretty sure I have confessed my love for Aquaphor before but, holy crap... this stuff is saving my life this winter season. During the cold, dry winter months, my lips become so dry and cracked and they start peeling. Attractive right? The ONLY and I mean only lip product that moisturizes and hydrates my lips is Aquaphor. I have one in each room of my house, two in my purse, one in my car,  basically one everywhere. This product is also perfect to put on your lips before you apply a matte lipstick. It keeps your lips moisturized and prevents your lips from cracking from a matte or drying lipstick. Go get yourself one! Or two... or five. 

  • Soup Season 
I'll spare you a picture for this favorite because soup doesn't photograph very well. I am loving any and all soups this time of year! Last night I made a hot Italian sausage and kale soup, and if I do say so myself, it is pretty darn delicious. It's filled with vegetables, potatoes, spices and sausage and it's the perfect amount of spice. Something about soup simmering on the stove, the Sam Smith Pandora station playing in the background, with the snow falling outside is so cozy. I've been on the search for another soup recipe to make next so if you have any you love, please share in the comments. 

  • T-shirt Quilt 


My favorite Christmas gift this year by far was this T-shirt quilt my parents gifted to me. They saved all my t-shirts from my high school, college, events, etc and had them made into a quilt. It was so unexpected and so incredibly thoughtful. Every shirt has a memory attached to it and means something special to me. Every time I look at it I notice another t-shirt or another detail. It's something that I have been using everyday since Christmas. I love it and I'm so happy I'll have it forever! 

  • Memories of Gunner
Two days before Christmas, my family and I had to say goodbye to our sweet beagle Gunner. Gunner had been in our lives for twelve years providing our family with unconditional love, laughter, and memories we'll cherish forever. He is no longer suffering and is in a better place now and with that, I find comfort. To say I miss him would be an understatement. I find myself every day or so going through my phone and looking at old pictures of him and it makes me smile. He was such a gentle, kind and happy dog who loved his family, digging holes and hiding his bones, his vest, soaking up the sun and sniffing the air, and his Mommy who he followed everywhere. Rest In Peace my sweet baby Gunner.

 

What are your favorites and things you've been loving this week? Please share in the comments! 

XO
Jenny





No comments:

Post a Comment