Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Break Scenes

To say I enjoyed my last Spring Break would be an understatement. It was perfect! The past few weeks leading up to the break were really hectic with school. Too many sleepless nights with lots of classes, studying, homework, clinicals, and every other lovely part of nursing school. The library is starting to become my second home. So, basically I was more than ready for a week of relaxation and fun! I thought it would be nice to share a more uplifting and happy post since my previous ones have been all health related.

 

I am pretty sure the minute I walked through the door at my house I sat down and ate a bowl of my mom's kale soup. She makes the best kale soup, and always makes plenty for me to take back to college. Thanks ma! We also spent some time in the kitchen making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. It's one of our favorite things to do together.



I went bowling with a group of friends at the Orleans Bowling Center. They have a bar attached to the bowling alley which means you can drink while you bowl! It was my first time trying Samuel Adams Cold Snap and I am now quite the fan. I can't remember my bowling score but, I believe I came in third out of group our of five. Not too shabby! 


The next morning I stopped by my favorite coffee shop on all of Cape Cod, The Hot Chocolate Sparrow. I love this coffee shop so much, and not only for their great coffee. They make some seriously good homemade chocolate. From truffles to fudge to cakes and pies. They have everything!


On a beautiful warm day, I met up with a good friend of mine to walk to the knob (Hi Casey!). We assumed most of the snow was going to be melted and/or the path was going to be shovel. We were so wrong! It was basically a hike and falling knee deep into snow every couple steps. It was still fun and we were able to catch up with lots of laughs included. And the view was so worth it.

  

I was able to get in lots of play and snuggle time with my favorite little dog. It's really crazy how happy a dog can make you and how coming home after a bad day is made a thousand times better when they greet you with a wagging tail. I can't imagine my life without a dog. 


I did not open a nursing textbook or my notes once… and it felt damn good too. I did get a lot of stuff done related to the blog and wrote some drafts for future posts. With some help from an Angry Orchard, of course. 




I went to the Chatham Squire for the first time. I had the spicy popcorn shrimp and it was delicious! After I went and saw the seals at Lighthouse Beach. There had to have been at least 100 of them. It was a beautiful Cape Cod day. The highlight of my day in Chatham was getting my first massage. Oh. My. God. Why did I wait 23 years to get one? It was the most relaxing thing I have ever done. It really helped my joints where my rheumatoid arthritis is really bad; in my shoulders, fingers, and feet. I'm convinced that if I could get a massage every week I wouldn't need medication. (HA, I wish!) 

         

My birthday was over Spring Break too. I got those lovely tulips from a friend of mine. I love tulips, they are one of my favorite flowers. To my surprise, they lasted well over a week! The morning of my birthday I had a sweet treat for breakfast (because calories don't count on your birthday). I had a blueberry crumble from the French bakery, Maison Villatte in Falmouth. It was the perfect way to start my birthday. 




After, I went to Chappaquoit Beach to check out the crazy icebergs. I think everyone is calling it the Cape Cod Apocalypse. I have never seen anything like it. It looked like Alaska. I brought my new selfie stick that I received for my birthday and it was great for taking pictures. Who said you need to go someone warm and tropical on Spring Break? There's awesome beaches on Cape Cod too! My birthday ended with a delicious homemade dinner, the best carrot cake and a night out on the town with friends. It was the perfect day.

My Spring Break was filled with all sorts of fun and relaxing activities. I came back to my apartment at school ready to take on the second half of my last semester of nursing school. I always get a little sad leaving home to go back to school because I just really love my little town. I was procrastinating leaving and my Dad said, "Suck it up. You got eight weeks left." He was so right. And with that I am off to kick some ass in these last 60 days before graduation! 

Question:
  • How was your Spring Break? Tell me what you did! 

2 comments:

  1. You're mom really does make the best kale soup! Oh and now I want the Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot went on during your spring break, huh? I could see in the photos how happy you’ve been. And what’s not to be happy about when you visited those lovely places and finally had your first massage at same time? Thanks for sharing your very cool and great experience with us, Jenny! :)

    Alvin Smith @ Essential Balanced Body Work

    ReplyDelete